Visiting the Castle
- Monday to Thursday – 09:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Friday - 09:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Weekends and Bank Holidays – 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Your tour will take approximately one hour, depending on your pace. Please, when visiting, take into account Castle closing times.
- Saturday 14 May the Castle will be closed from 12:00 till 15:00 for a private function
- Grounds open daily 8:00 a.m. until dusk.
- Open all year except Christmas and New Year. Please check our website for any specific event closures
- Adults £9.00
- Children / Senior Citizens £6.50 (children under 5 free)
- Family £28.00
- Season Ticket Adult £30.00
- We accept cash as well as Credit/Debit card payments
The Castle tour is a recreation of medieval life. It is dark in places, has life-like models and involves climbing many steep steps. Therefore it may be unsuitable for very young children. All children must be accompanied by an adult. Disabled access is limited. Only the ground floor is accessible for disabled visitors, which does have a virtual tour facility of the whole Gatehouse. All of the Castle grounds have disabled access.
Click here to view our full Accessibility Guide.
- Please do not attend if you are experiencing any of the symptoms of Covid-19 or have been in contact with someone who has Covid-19.
- Our toilet facilities are open, but are only available to visitors to the Castle and Shop. Public toilets are available at Castle Street and The Racecourse Ground.
- Please check our website for any updates before your visit.
How to Find Us
From the A26, Quarry Hill Road, continue through to Tonbridge High Street (A227).
For sat nav users - our closest car park is Upper Castle Field, please enter the postcode TN9 1BH
Pre-booking is always advisable. On arrival, please make your way to the Tourist Information Centre to pay for your visit.
Coach parties are asked to telephone the Tourist Information Centre in advance of their visit.
Tonbridge Castle is approximately a 10 minute walk through the High Street from Tonbridge Station.